God’s word says in Matthew 28:16-20
The Great Commission
Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Crossroads is committed to seeing new churches planted among the nations of the world. Our international outreach stands alongside Crossroads commitment to serve in the local community and build the local church to see people come to know God. We encourage all our people to participate in regular local outreach as well as prayerfully considering becoming a part of one of our annual international mission teams.
- We seek to reach Students from all Universities in the city to be a home away from home.
- We partner with Street Cafe once a month on the Cowgate to reach those on a night out.
- We have Life group on a Wednesday night for Bible study and discipleship.
As a church, we have an outward focus to reach the nations and have felt God leading us to specific people groups.
- Over the last 5 years, Crossroads has sent out short-term mission trips to Southeast Asia. Through building relationship with a minority people group, we have been able to share the gospel with them with the hope that we will one day see a church planted among them.
- Crossroads sent 2 teams to the Serbian/Croatian border in 2015/16 to minister to Syrian refugees making their way to Europe
- In our recent first trip to Cambodia, we visited a Christian charity set up to fight sex-trafficking. While there, we met with pastors and missionaries, with the vision to partner with them in the future.
- Crossroads teams have also served in a childrens home in India and in a low income area of Capetown, South Africa.